Saturday, November 10, 2012

Cup of Bead Soup Reveal! {Bead Happily Ever After}

'Red Hot' earrings
 
I made two sets of earring & necklace combos with my cup of bead soup stash. At this time, that's an accomplishment in itself! Just not enough hours in the day recently. {When I get more stuff created using the remainder of these beads I'll be sure to post!---Also, sorry about the pics not being the greatest. Had to use my phone this time around.}
 
 
Here's the first combo made...
 
---#1 Set---
 
The pic above shows the earrings I made (by now you probably know that I gravitate towards earrings) using the vintage red beads from the cup of bead soup. The small swarovski pearl beads in black and gold are set on each side along with a crystal rondelle from my collection.
 
The pic below shows another red bead from the cup of soup...
 
'Red Hot' necklace
 
'Red Hot' combo
My take on a tassel necklace.
On display!
                                                                       
This necklace looks even better in person against black clothing! I love the long length of it and the small red vintage bead is still the star of the show (in my opinion). I am tending towards simple with just a touch of bling with the rhinestone chain and the crystal rondelle. Black & brass chain and a black/gold bead, all from my stash finish off this design.

I hope you enjoyed this first set of jewelry...it was fun wearing it around the house trying it on for size! ;)


                                                                         ---#2 Set---

What a retro vibe! When I saw the 2 same sized light blue beads from the cup of bead soup, I knew I had to make earrings. (No surprise there right?!) But, then the 2 goldish knot beads caught my eye and I knew I had to pair them together. Very 80's!

'Retro' earrings

 Another long necklace.
 
 Matching large blue bead makes a statement!
 
 On display!
 
Another long necklace was created using the matching large blue bead from the cup of bead soup. Then, I saw the antiqued gold rose bead and everything flowed from there! The dark round bead with gold etching was perfect for this style necklace. I can drop the blue pendant bead straight through the round bead and adjust this necklace as needed. Chain from my collection, with matching blue beads rounded out this design.
 
I also modeled this necklace around the house and really loved how it looked against black. I'm sure it would look great against white too! Don't know yet if I can part with this one. ;)
 
Thank you Lori for hosting this fun little cup of bead soup! And a big thank you to Bead Happily Ever After for the beautiful vintage beads you provided for us to play with and create!
 
-Roxi
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very elegant, easy to wear style. Like the drop effect

Jami aka DaMamaShipp said...

Lovely, timely sets... they hang nicely and are topped off with the matching earrings. Lariats and bolos are trendy...

Jo-Ann said...

The turquoise piece is my fav, love how you used the large black ring.

crystal said...

Hi Roxi,
I'm Crystal of Bead Happily Ever After and I want to thank you for participating in this challenge.

You created some wonderful things with my beads! :-)

I especially love the way you used the black and gold ring as a closure... in sort of a y-necklace style! So very clever! :-)

Becky Pancake said...

I like the turquoise set the best. Good job.