Friday, February 17, 2012

Playing with photo effects and jewelry

I've been wanting to post all week and show you my earrings that are in the current issue of Stringing Magazine! {shown below}

The earrings are created with raw brass hammered disks, and pretty green picasso czech glass beads. When I created these spring inspired earrings I didn't have a specific design in mind!

{my original photo} Pin It

I knew I was going to use the brass hammered disks to mimic the sun.

{lighter washed-out look} Pin It


And then, since these earrings are for the spring season, I decided to pair the disks with green beads.

{brighter, intense look} Pin It


These beads, in different variations of greens and teals, complemented the brass disks perfectly! Then I topped them off with a smaller bronze bead. Sometimes, designs flow easily and come together just the way you had hoped!

ps...Thank you Stringing for showcasing these earrings in your spring issue!

Roxi

1 comment:

Alice said...

Congratulations on being published in this fabulous magazine! I just got my issue the other day and haven't had the time to dig into it.

Your earrings are beautiful! But I can only see the first photo--all the others have the dreaded red x.

Have a great weekend!