Saturday, June 09, 2012

Makeover: The Steph Necklace

The Steph Necklace - Before pic

A friend of mine {Steph} gave me the necklace above to fix for her. The wire at the clasp was worn and needing repair. I'm embarassed to say I have had this necklace for a long time...let's just leave it at that! Also, these pics aren't my best pics but I was determined to get something taken to show you.

As you can see the necklace above was a heavy, chunky style which is fine and I had no intention of changing it. But once I took it apart it had a mind of its own! And since I had it so long I knew she wouldn't mind me changing the look of it. So, I decided to group the similar beads together, add chain, and add a focal.


After pic
After grouping the similar beads together the necklace needed something...a seperation with a focal bead. I didn't want the focal bead to really be the focus but more of a seperator inbetween the bead groupings. But, I wanted everything to still flow well together. I like that this necklace looks asymetrical and is long so no clasp is needed!

After pic...I even had extra beads to make matching earrings!
However, it doesn't have to be worn asymetrical and has a nice long chain. This necklace fits easily over the head because it's long. Who doesn't love quick & easy? Not to mention the matching earrings made this fun makeover project complete! And, I'm glad Steph loved it!


-Roxi

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Boy that Steph chick is luck to have you as a friend! Lol
I love the necklace, it is gorgeous.

Roxanne Mendoza said...

Thanks Steph! Glad you stopped by the 'ol blog!